Recently modernised and extended 4 bedroom detached home in a highly desirable location in Mynyddbach, Shirenewton Village, with magnificent views over Monmouthshire countryside. Busy village gastropub and excellent school and amenities including village hall, tennis area and playing field close by shirenewton.
Situated in the desirable location of Mynyddbach, Shirenewton, affording spectacular far-reaching views. Excellent local amenities within the village include gastro-pub and outstanding primary school. Easily accessible to main motorway links M4, M48, M5. Nearby towns offer a full range of stores including Waitrose and M&S, excellent public and private schools and mainline railway stations. This area of Monmouthshire is famed for access to outdoor pursuits and areas of outstanding natural beauty. DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTY
Holly Cottage has been sympathetically remodelled and extended by the current owners, creating a beautifully presented home that mixes charming 18th century origins with large, light and spacious contemporary extension, set in lovely gardens with beautiful far-reaching views. Key features include new windows and doors, underfloor heating in the extension, and:
- Welcoming reception hall with stable door and useful space for boots and coats
- Charming beamed dining room with exposed stone wall, feature fireplace and wood-burning stove. Open to:
- Beamed kitchen with fully-fitted painted Oak units, with integral appliances and mains gas hob. Granite worktops
- Superb dual-aspect sitting room with feature log-burning stove. French doors to garden making the most of the views
- Study with trifold doors fully opening to garden
- Rear hallway and utility with sky-light and door to rear
- Ground floor shower room with white designer suite
- First floor landing
- 4 first floor bedrooms with fitted storage (one currently used as second office)
- Family bathroom with modern white suite OUTSIDE
The large garden wraps around to the East, South and West of the property and is primarily laid to lawn with mature shrubs, productive fruit trees, entertainment patios and parking area.
The house and garden benefit from the most beautiful far-reaching views. TENURE
All mains services connected LOCAL AUTHORITY
Monmouthshire County Council 01633644644 FIXTURES AND FITTINGS
Only those items mentioned in these sale particulars are included in the sale. Others may be made available by separate negotiation. DIRECTIONS
POSTCODE: NP16 6RP
Many websites use the centre of the postcode for location. This is not useful for country properties. Using the View Maps facility on our Elstons.co.uk site will show you the aerial view of the exact location.
From Chepstow, at the Racecourse roundabout, take the 1st exit onto the A466, and first turn right onto the B4235. Take the left turn sign-posted Shirenewton & Mynyddbach. Turn next right at the Mynyddbach sign and proceed up Old School Hill. The property destination is halfway up on the left. VIEWINGS
Strictly by appointment with sole agents - Elstons Estate Agents